Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Award winning videos from ASCD

I was going to embed these, but I thought you should read the article, too. Here's a short intro from the article: "Two ASCD videos took home prizes at the 30th Annual Telly Awards and at the U.S. International Film and Video Festival last month. The winning videos focus on hot topics in education: 21st century skills and Robert Marzano’s Art and Science of Teaching instructional framework."

The videos on this page are clips from the full versions which you can purchase. It's just nice to see two videos about education winning some recognition, don't you think?

4 comments:

teachinu2@aol.com said...

It is good to see education videos winning prizes. Do we need to purchase them for our administrators????

Jim Gates said...

I'd certainly forward the link on them to see if they were interested in it. For members the cost is only $30. It's $40 for non-members. But I THINK that's the price for EACH, but I'm not sure, now that I think about it.

Almostgrace said...

Thanks for posting this Jim! My name is Leslie Welch, and I work in the multimedia department at ASCD.

Let me clarify some of the pricing on our videos. 21st Century Skills is sold as one disc for $39 (non-members) or $29 (members). The Art and Science of Teaching (based on Robert Marzano's framework) is more expensive, but it is a 2-disc set for $279 (members) or $349 (non-members) or you can buy one disc for $159 (member)or $189 (non-member). Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Jim Gates said...

I frequently tweet out stories that I read in your SmartBrief. Great service. I've blogged about your stories many times, as well.