Tuesday, August 19, 2008

[TIPS] Boy Drops out to play Guitar Hero???

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/101746

Thanks to Dave S for sharing this one with me. It's... I don't even know HOW to describe it.

It's about a 16 yr old boy who is dropping out of school so he can focus his attention on playing.. er perhaps BEING... a Guitar Hero. Yes, he's going to become a professional gamer. After all, the TOP gamers can rake in as much as $80k/yr - sitting around playing games. The article says that most will only make around $25k, however.

Once again, MORE proof that we've got our priorities upside down in this country. This kid is going to stop his education at the age of 16, and will be able to pull in $25k/yr. No benefits, of course, but who needs them when he's just 16 and still covered by his parent's policy? On the other hand, I've been taking classes all my life (just last September I completed the Master's of Instructional Technology program), and I've got well over 30 years of experience, and I'M NOT MAKING AS MUCH AS A GAMER????? CAN YOU HEAR ME SCREAMING????

1 comment:

Hall Monitor said...

This story made http://detentionslip.org! Voted #1 for weird headlines in education.