Monday, February 19, 2007

[TIPS] Yugma - free webconferencing

Does anyone know anything about this site? It looks great! Free web-conferencing for windoze or Mac. It says:
"A free and easy to use web conferencing service:
  • Share your information, present your ideas
  • Invite up to 10 people (or more if you need)
  • Collaborate with your community
  • Works with both Windows and Mac
  • Highly secure and reliable
  • No Spyware, Adware, Malware "
The ONLY thing that has me questioning it is that I heard about it from a comment left on my post about Vyew.com. But, according to the privacy statement here it looks legit.
 
Check out the demo video to see how easy it is to use. I know *I* will try it with some folks from my Grad class.

2 comments:

Tracy Giles said...

I saw a nice write up about them at Ken Molay's blog a couple of weeks ago --http://wsuccess.typepad.com/webinarblog/2007/02/cheap_and_easy_.html. That's when I started using Yugma. It's great. I've used it a couple of times a week since then. Perfect for my project reviews. Hope that helps.

Kurt Paccio said...

I saw this announced on slashdot or TechCrunch a while back. I've not tried it mainly because it required a download and install process.

If web conferencing is available through the browser then I'm more likely to recommend it.

When will developers get it? Locally installed software is dead. See Google, Zoho, etc.